Economic Support

Buffalo County Economic Support is part of the Wester Region for Economic Assistance (WREA). WREA is an 8 county consortium which includes Buffalo, Pepin, Trempealeau. Jackson, Vernon, Monroe, Clark, and La Crosse Counties.  

 To apply or complete a review for Food Share, Medicaid, BadgerCare Plus or child Care Assistance, to report changes or with questions, call WREA at 1-888-627-0430 or visit

The Call Center is open: 
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday -    8:30 a.m.  to 4:00 p.m.

Wednesday-                                                12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Badgercare Plusfoodshare_logo_color 

Services Available: 

How to Apply:

Apply by phone:   1-888-627-0430
Apply on-line:
Apply in Person:        Buffalo County Health & Human Services
                                        407 S. Second Street - 3rd Floor
                                        Alma, WI 54610
Apply by Mail:            Applications may be picked up at: 
                                        Buffalo County Health & Human Services
                                        407 S. Second Street - 3rd Floor
                                        Alma, WI 54610 

Fax Proof/Verification: 1-855-293-1822

Get the My Access App

For more information on FoodShare program and income guidelines visit 

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (833) 620-1071, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to:

(1) Mail:

Food and Nutrition Service, USDA

1320 Braddock Place, Room 334

Alexandria, VA 22314; or

(2) Fax:

(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.