Protecting Our Communities Against COVID-19
There are just six steps to protect our communities from the spread of COVID-19. Organizations can take the pledge to be safer while inspiring employee and customer confidence locally. Safer environments and safer businesses lead to a stronger economy.
Masks function to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. By making the pledge, you ensure all staff are always wearing masks, unless they are in an individual office space, and signage is posted strongly encouraging customers to wear masks (per Emergency Order #1).
Promote employee health by implementing a self-monitoring system for COVID-19 symptoms prior to each workday. Staff should remain at home when symptomatic (even when mild). Ask that all customers who develop symptoms of COVID-19 remain at home.
Increased sanitation is essential during this time. Safe sanitation practices must be followed including cleaning and sanitizing hard surfaces, common areas, bathrooms, and high touch surfaces (menus, credit card terminals, etc.) regularly using CDC recommendations.
If someone in your organization becomes ill, and tests positive, you pledge to work with the Buffalo County Health Department to identify and implement measures that will contain further transmission of the virus.
SIX STEPS TO SUCCESS:
- Mask up: Require our staff to wear masks at all times, when not in individual office spaces, and post signage encouraging our customers to wear masks (per Emergency Order #1).
- Monitor employee health: Promote employee health by implementing a self-monitoring system for COVID-19 symptoms prior to each workday and require employees to remain at home when symptomatic (even if mild).
- Stay home: Request that all customers who present symptoms of COVID-19—or know they have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19—to remain at home.
- Close contact definition: Being within 6 feet of a confirmed, positive case while that case was ill for 15 minutes or more or had direct contact.
- Close contact quarantine procedure: If a person is identified as a close contact they will be contacted by their local health department and requested to quarantine for 14 days from their most recent contact with a confirmed, positive case; regardless of a negative COVID-19 test during the 14-day period.
- Clean surfaces: Implement increased safe sanitation practices regularly by following the CDC guidelines for businesses.
- Physical distance: Ensure my organization meets physical distance guidelines of six feet or more, and post signage encouraging my customers to observe physical distancing. When physical distancing cannot be met, proper protocols are in place to ensure safety of employees and customers (e.g. face masks required, physical barriers in place, etc.)
- Wash hands: Provide hand sanitizer at all entrances, and handwashing locations for my employees and customers.
These organizations have pledged to protect our communities against COVID-19:
Alma General Store
Alma Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
Blue Door Inn Alma LLC
Cochrane - Fountain City School District
Cottage at Blue Door Inn
Inn at Big River Theatre
La Crosse Milling Company
School District of Alma
Suncrest Gardens Pizza Farm
In Partnership With
- Alma-Pepin School District
- Cochrane-Fountain City School District
- La Crosse Milling
For additional questions, contact the Buffalo County Health Department COVID-19 Team at 608-685-4412 or email us at email@example.com