Trout Stream Field Guide and Mapping
Buffalo County supports public fishing access easements on almost 12 miles of cold water streams through stream access easements that were donated by 24 landowners, and held by Buffalo County or the local Conservation Club. Since 2009, many agencies, clubs, organizations, and landowners have been involved in cooperative projects to improve streams for fish and wildlife habitat, stabilize stream banks, and provide public access. All of these streams are capable of supporting native reproducing brook trout and public access to these waters is allowed during the Wisconsin trout season.
Contributors to projects include:
- Participating Landowners
- Local Rod and Gun or Sportsman’s Clubs- Alma, Arcadia, Fountain City, Mondovi and Waumandee
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources- Trout Stamp funds and Conservation Aid funds
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Trout Unlimited – DARE and Clear Waters Chapter
- Buffalo County UW Extension
- Buffalo County Land Conservation Department
- Water Action Volunteers- Water Monitoring
- USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service
Buffalo County welcomes you to explore and enjoy the trout streams below.
In coordination with the GIS / Land Information Office, credit to the Land Conservation Department and Joey Domine for gathering information for this site.
Trout Stream Access .PDF guide booklet.
Buffalo County is pleased to present its trout stream access website and field guide booklet.